04 July, 2014

Sister Takeover: A Max Factor Review!

Here's another take-over post of mine!  Check out my last year's: http://junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/holi-festival-of-colours-outfit-ft-my.html
 
So... I decided to treat myself to some Max Factor products at Boots which included 2 free goodies featured in a promotional gift when you spend over £15!
 
Rating: 2/5
 
 
 FALSE LASH EFFECT MASCARA (BROWN/BLACK WATERPROOF)- FREE
 
I've heard so much hype surrounding this mascara- being a cheaper alternative in enhancing short Asian eyelashes. Although, it's practically clump-free and holds a curl, in my opinion, it does nothing for lengthening and volume. I recommend it as a day-time mascara for those casual days!
 
Rating: 5/5
 
 
 COLOUR ELIXIR LIPGLOSS (CAPTIVATING RUBY)- FREE
 
A lip product that I LOVE. It can complete a glamorous look ( ft Mac viva glam I shown below ) and at the same time can appear as a cute youthful tint on the lips. Its buildable, blend-able and glides on like a dream.
 
 
Rating:4/5

 
 COLOUR X-PERT WATERPROOF EYELINER (METALLIC LILAC)-£5.99
 
My opinion: purple is the new black, especially for you brown eyed girls. The pigmentation is great, and it is one of the easiest liquid eyeliners to apply. It is long lasting, to a point... as specks start to fall after a long hot summers day, so prime those eyelids!
 
 
 
Rating: 4/5
FACE FINITY ALL DAY FLAWLESS FOUNDATION (GOLDEN)- £11.99
 
So it claims to be a 3-in-1: primer, concealer and foundation...and I agree! As it says, lasts all day and provides a natural, semi-matte finish to the skin. Although, the formula is quite runny and so I would recommend using a brush, unless you want your fingers to be as 'flawless' as your face!
 
Peace and Love,
 
Sister Lisa
 
X